Back to Fitness
Back to Fitness
Is a spinal stability rehabilitation program designed for back pain sufferers and run by a Physiotherapist. This program involves a gradually progressed (gentle) core stability program, education about pain and everyday life activities, and graded aerobic fitness.
Why use the back to fitness program?
- The program is run by Physiotherapist who understand backpain.
- The program is based on the last 20 years of scientific research.
- Each program will be run in small groups (between 4-8 clients).
- We guarantee a fun and non-intimidating environment to regain your fitness, reduce pain and help you move more efficiently.
People who would benefit from the program
- People with back pain wishing to improve their confidence to move, strength and core stability, general fitness, balance and quality of life.
- Long-standing back pain sufferers.
- Following pregnancy, spinal surgery or abdominal surgery.
- Sports people/manual workers with back pain.
- In preparation for more advanced exercises e.g. aerobics, weight training, sport, and physical work.
What is involved?
THE PROGRAM COMMENCES WITH A COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION AND CORE STABILITY ASSESSMENT
The program will then run in 3 steps with twice weekly one-hour session:
- Level 1 Beginner (4 weeks)
Gentle range of motion exercise, basic core stability, introduction to aerobic exercise, education on everyday activity and pain.
- Level 2 Intermediate (4 weeks)
Intermediate core stability exercises (using exercise balls and involving larger muscle groups), and aerobic fitness.
- Level 3 Advanced (4 weeks)
Useful for higher level activities required for sports/work.
The program involves a commitment of 2 sessions per week for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- Initial physiotherapy assessment and program design (1 hour) $120
- Each level (8 sessions over 4 weeks) $360
- Private health fund rebates are available, backspace. WorkCover/third-party clients are built direct to the insurer.
- No additional charge for gym access.
- Please contact us to arrange an initial assessment and to book the program.