Wauchope Physiotherapy & Sports Rehab Centre is seeking a new/recent graduate Physiotherapist to join our team of experienced Physiotherapists and Allied Health professionals. We’ve recently moved into a ‘state of the art’ Purpose-built Sports Rehab facility – it is the first dedicated Allied Health Rehab Centre on the Mid North Coast. Our team is growing and we are looking for the right person to join our Multidisciplinary team.
Working in a well-respected and well equipped private practice alongside our team of 6 experienced Physiotherapists (including a titled musculoskeletal Physio), Exercise Physiologist, Massage Therapist, Pilates Instructors, Dietitian and other Allied Health. Our clinic is situated within the greater Port Macquarie region and is 15 minutes from the Port Macquarie town centre and beaches.
The role is full-time and involves a varied and exciting musculoskeletal caseload in a sport oriented community with a strong emphasis on evidenced based medicine, thorough assessment, manual therapy, exercise prescription and injury prevention. The role also includes some offsite aged care work and some on-field work with local sporting clubs.
Our facility is magnificent – purpose-built to a standard normally only seen in the capital cities. We are very well equipped with a rehab/exercise physiology gym, private consult rooms, semi-private consult rooms, open consult space (in rehab gym) and a separate Pilates studio. We offer a friendly, professional and supportive working environment where a sense of humour is actually encouraged!
1. New/Recent Grad Mentoring Program – We understand that in your first few years what matters most is having experienced montors to guide you on the path to becoming an effective and confident clinician. That’s why we offer:
- A supported learning environment with plenty of shadowing opportunities with experienced physios.
- Unlimited clinical second opinions from our experienced team – we have more than 120 years of combined physiotherapy clinical experience to share!
- Regular ‘in-house’ tutorials
- Access to online webinars through the APA New Grad Mentoring program
- Above award salary package
- $1000 annual CPD allowance
- $500 Relocation allowance where applicable to make the move easy!
2. We offer a dynamic, friendly, flexible and rewarding working environment – unlike other health business’, we don’t work out of multiple clinics / Doctors rooms where you might feel isolated. One of the many benefits of working in our great new multidisciplinary facility is that it fosters a culture of knowledge sharing. There is always an experienced mentor working along-side you, which means that a second opinion is never far away.
3. Advance your career development – CPD is very important to our team! In fact, our practice principal is a leader in organising and running ‘evidence based’ CPD events in the mid north coast region, is the chair of the Mid North Coast Health Training group and is a member of the Primary Health Network Clinical Council that supports Learning and Development events on the Mid North Coast.
4. Then there’s the stuff they don’t teach you at Uni… we help you learn about the ‘Business of Physiotherapy’ – our entire team is encouraged to participate in guiding our practices future direction.
Requirements of the Successful Applicant:
- We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Physio to join our Multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in musculoskeletal outpatients and Pilates is preferred but a great attitude trumps experience!
- You must have the ability to maintain a caseload, create good client rapport, follow evidence based practice and possess manual therapy skills.
- You must be a ‘people’ person with solid communication skills who is genuinely keen to help others.
- You must hold current Physiotherapy Registration with AHPRA and Professional Indemnity Insurance
- You must have good organisational, computer and time management skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Drivers license and vehicle is essential.
We have a friendly workplace culture with a great reputation for quality and caring healthcare in our community. In addition, we live in a great part of Australia: Sea-change and Tree Change, idyllic climate and beaches, beautiful hinterland, great sporting culture, affordable housing, fast internet (NBN) and many other lifestyle benefits on the Mid North Coast… The position is to be awarded soon so please apply today!
Apply for this position by contacting us through our contact page on this website, or call 02 65853411 or apply online via: